Apr 16, 2008

Contests Submissions Accepted & 2 to go to Freedom!

Help me dang the man! Please vote!

Newly accepted Uneetee Contest Submission Link!

Designbyhumans Link

OBEY/Metropark Link



I'm happy with this one. It's sweet like candy. Props to the artist who does the separations. I have 2 more military tees... and then I'm free to do what I like... which means a shot at a Woot daily, which I think will be a hot tattoo style design.
Then maybe another OBEY entry. Then I should finish my other personal work... Davy Jones Locker.

BUT then I have the most awesome idea for a threadless submission. I have to bust up in there with a really hot design. I need to win.

I was trying to go to sleep last erm.. not night... morning... at 7am, and I had this really irritating feeling of


I WANT TO WIN.
I WANT TO WIN.
I WANT TO WIN.
I WANT TO WIN.
I WANT TO WIN.
I NEED TO WIN.
I NEED TO WIN.
I NEED TO WIN.
I NEED TO WIN.
I NEED TO WIN.

It's somewhat weird to be so competitive now, because in my youth, I never cared for it. Now I just want to go around kicking some ass. Maybe it's some residual teenage angst for being such an unpopular invisible nerd, or maybe Im just out of Bubble Gum. Dunno.

(If you got the bubble gum reference... consider yourself VERY cool ;)

I had a roommate once that was getting to the Jr Olympic level for rifle target shooting, and he lamented that being competitive was unfulfilling. He said that, after every win, you needed more. He had become a Christian so he said he knew that rifle shooting, no matter how good he got, could not fulfill his needs, and that God was an endless well for satisfaction.

I suppose I could have agreed if I wasnt aware that he was a newborn Christian eager to use passages to justify his actions. Cause I could have just as easily provided a counterpoint of "Do you see a man skilled in his work? He will stand before kings; He will not stand before obscure men." Meaning it is honorable for one to become a master of a skill. I think it could help the individual be a shining light, rather than fade off into obscurity as a person the normal life. But that opinion would have better credibility coming from one who lives a Christian life, which I really dont.

Anyways, Im going to win some contests next month, because it fulfills my short term needs of self worth.

No comments: