Feb 16, 2008

Milestone Date: February 16, 2008

I called my younger brother Joey today.
I found out he is engaged to be married 10-10-09.
Although the occasion is a reason for celebration, that's not the news.

No man is an island, entire of itself... I cannot succeed alone.

I have solicited his help to become my sales and marketing force. Let's call him "THE PRESIDENT OF INTERNET SALES AND MARKETING"

I only desire to do art.

I have had approximately 200 of my shirts sitting here waiting to be sold for at least a year, if not more.

So Joey is going to be my Etsy pimp.

Overall its a small step to a larger vision. There are people who make a living off Etsy. Im not concerned about money, but certainly I would be foolish to pass up the opportunity to make some, while putting some into my younger brother's pocket.

Maybe we will accidentally build a successful business in which we could work together.

Imagine if a client is willing to pay me $1000 for a design, how much they must be making to substantiate that commission.

_____

I want to go down in quote history as saying "Dreams do come true... if you work your ass off." with the omitted footnote of the fact that my dreams, at the origination of the quote, were yet to be achieved to its fullest degree. Although going down in quote history is only a self centered wish, similar to having children, to last through the ages. Which is an utter useless desire as through the ages is a mere spec of sand on a infinite beach. I also vainly want to be remembered as witty and sarcastic.

;j

No comments: