Apr 22, 2013

"Fuck him. Really, I think the guy's a twat."

Originally written early 2009, never published until now...

"Fuck him. Really, I think the guy's a twat."

Just a few words from someone I really don't know, someone who doesn't really even know me except for whatever impression their mind conjured from the persona I put out on the internet.

i never imagined when i took this job at DBH and TF that i would become such a public figure, well, actually, i presumed that being part of this position would help me earn clout by being much more visible on the internet and being associated with an entity greater than myself. its just wild how massively i failed to anticipate the negatives of being a semi public figure in a major role of decision making. its quite disconcerting how much hate there is behind the scenes, i do not know who to trust anymore. but it is a sacrifice i have to be willing to make i think... greater good for my artist career and for others. or i hope so. i suppose it remains to be proven if it's helpful or not. i thought i was doing well, helping alot of art friends get printed, and helping new artists get noticed, but i suppose there are those who might start to feel disenfranchised if i do not grace them with the same attention or more of someone deserving. who knows.

im not becoming a prick or anything, but i think over the next few years, i will become a little more stout i suppose. i know that my candor/straightforwardness can sometimes can come off as abrasive and uncaring, so how could i become more poignant in expression than now?

1 comment:

zerobriant said...

Haha...took a while before this was posted, well there will always be a rotten apple in a basket full of oranges, that's what my granpa used to say. Bottom line is we can never impress everybody and what's the fun in that when everybody would just agree on what we decide on. Well I hope those peeps have learned their lessons as well. good to see you int the blog about jim.