Feb 25, 2008

Bridges and Balloons - Joanna Newsom & Joke

Easton: "I had this one friend, he was really smart, but he got in some drugs and thought he was Jesus."

Jimi: "So did he become like, all meek, kind, and loving and stuff?"

______________


I played with Jemma, the 3yr old, most of the day so I didnt get any art done. Randomly, Jemma said, "You are a nice man."

It was a good moment.

______________

With fate as malleable as clay...

Bridges and Balloons - Joanna Newsom

We sailed away on a winter's day
With fate as malleable as clay
But ships are fallible, I say
And the nautical, like all things, fades
And I can recall our caravel
A little wicker beetle shell
With four fine maste and lateen sails
Its bearings on Cair Paravel

Oh my love
Oh it was a funny little thing
To be
The ones
To've seen

The sight of bridges and balloons
Makes calm canaries irritable
And they caw and claw all afternoon
Catenaries and dirigibles
Brace and bouy the living room
A loom of metals warp woof wimble
And a thimblesworth of milky moon
Can touch hearts larger than a thimble

Oh my love
Oh it was a funny little thing
To be
The ones
To've seen

Oh my love
Oh it was a funny little thing
It was a funny funny little thing

No comments: