May 18, 2007

Religion... Kinda. Not Really.

So... I haven't been to church or conversed with God in many years. I was raised Christian, read the Bible thoroughly through my early twenties, meditated on it, studied it, prayed often.

I dropped out probably over 5-7 years ago. Short story... I was hurt by some hypocritical Christians, and I didn't want to be in any way affliated to them, or be as they were for me, a stumbling block for another Christian. The end (There's more but we'll just glaze over it...). Here are the names of those persons:

Just Kidding. HAHA.

It was ironic/funny the other day upon making a decision to go freelance, I wished that I could ask God, or at least a higher being, "Hey, is this the right decision?" But since I had made the decision to disclaim being Christian, it's in my mind against the rules to ask for help/guidance.

My trust is easily shaken, and is hard to earn. I think in business, one usually has to simultaneously trust in people, customers/business partners etc, as well as have a healthy perspective on the ficklessness of humanity and it's ability to deceive or be greedy. I like this idea. If it is true, it's only an assumption currently, I want to be able to trust people, and even if I can't I want to be able to be OK with them even if they are untrustworthy, believing that everything will be alright regardless through diligence, hard work, and lessons learned.

Anyways, I talk like it's a big deal to go freelance, but there are so many successful people out there doing it. So it's really... no biggie. I haven't done it yet. Just given notice...

Anyways, since I just starting to put fishing lines out there for work, I've already made approximately $600 in a relatively short amount of time, with relatively little amount of work. Of course, soon, I will learn about taxes... what like 30%? so actually the $600 is $420. Then medical insurance... Then retirement... then cost...

We'll see... Here's are some tastey Proverbs I still like to call upon for insight.

"Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean (common) men." Proverbs 22:29

"A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to restóand poverty will come on you like a bandit and scarcity like an armed man" Proverbs 6:6-11

"In all hard work there is profit, but talk only makes a man poor" Proverbs 14:23

"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might." Ecclesiastes 9:10

"The lazy man says, 'There is a lion outside! I shall be slain in the streets!' " Proverbs 22:13

Last one is extremely relevant, no more excuses.

No comments: