Feb 5, 2007

Im Quitting the Internet (at Home) & Michael Dell

I check email like a madman on a deserted island waiting for a returning message in a bottle.

I dont know what Im waiting for. It's not like a major apparel company is going to write me asking me to buy my designs for millions of dollars, nor is an attractive and intelligent woman going to write me to confess her love to me because she's been trolling my blog and website and has formed a preconceived notion of who I am.

All I ever get is spam, and the occassional avid fan who absolutely loves my work enough never to write back when price is discussed. By the way, my skillset I've cultivated since I was young is worth $30-$50 an hour. If you can't afford that, don't ask. You'll just offend me with your trite pleasantries. Money talks... The other walks.

**** Im not talking about my friends. Mike, Mike, Mandy, etc etc. Im talking about bonafide business owners who have contacted me in the past, and never followed through even after I created mock ups.

I'm cancelling Comcast as soon as I get home today. This will only be for a limited timeframe, at least a month, if not 3 months. After that timeframe, Im hoping Ill have replaced the internet trolling with another habit. By then, I might not need the internet... Ch-yeah right! All I know is that Im tired of being a slave to the internet.

I will still have access at work so I wont be totally cut off. I will still update my art online from time to time, and blogs are able to be done during lunch or breaks. I can respond to email as well.

I won't have TV, internet, or radio. Just paper, pencil, paint, and photoshop. Oh, Tae Bo DVDs, and pet rats...

I'm excited!

We will see...

_______

Dell has been losing out to HP. I remember I used BS to the customers how we were gonna take over HP's market share and squash them. I told them that because that's what the higher ups told me. We were gonna do it by saturating the market with Dell's freebie printers, thus diverting HP's main revenue source of printer ink to us. Dell's stock used to be $40 a share, now its $23. Kevin Rolllins has stepped down and Michael Dell is taking back the ship, which is great for the company, but it seems he's going straight for the hemorrhage, cutting positions, and bonuses. When I was there, I must say, they rewarded well.

I like his plan, although I would be frightened if I still worked there. It will be interesting to see what he does with his company back at his command. We need a true business man running our country. (Ive never given any thought to politics and despise having an opinion as it is often set by the medias agenda, but seriously. Who better than a business person who knows how to handle all the facets of a business to run a country.) Blha blah ... Boring... But here's another article.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/WhosCounting/story?id=2844304&page=1&CMP=OTC-RSSFeeds0312

No comments: