Jan 14, 2007

Valentine's Tee Update! & 2 Weeks of Victory

Valentine Tee Update!

Since New Years,

No alcohol - This one's been tough especially on Fridays and Saturdays.
Exercise - Im still on track with the TaeBo Boot Camp DVDs. Today was the first day for DVD 3. Im whooped.
Arting - At least an hour a day average, if not more.
No morning coffee replaced with water - Except on Saturdays, mostly.
No fast food for lunch - Except for Fridays.

When I used to go to church, I met a man who had an exhaustive daily checklist for living a righteous life. This isnt everyone's shtick, but I could relate to his 'to do list' mentality, his 'Pharisee-ality'. He had things like read the Bible, pray, meditate, tell his wife he loves her, etc etc.

Sure, currently my list is pretty basic, probably lacking some major need-improvement areas like communication and relationships, but for now, I can say with my list, at the end of the day/week I can say, 'I lived today. I lived this week' At the end of the year, I hope to say, 'I lived this year.' and... at the end of my life... ;P

Quote from Shawshank Redemption - "Get busy living, or get busy dying."

What's your list like? Did you live today?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, you should totally come to my work out class (yes, I teach a Tae Bo - esque class...more like Ty-Bo). Anyways, yeah...you can come kick and punch at real objects.
Ty