Jan 12, 2007

1337 h@x0r & The Wickerman & Mo Money

Still working on the word 'LEET' - As long as Im learning tattoo script I might as well make one with some bros in mind. I know Shane, Rick, & Corey, since they are computer nerds ;P, they will love this, if not just get a kick out of it.

_______________________

The Wickerman - Nicolas Cage

I watched the Wickerman. Let me wrap it up for you.

If an ex that ditched you at the wedding alter writes you a letter years later about her kidnapped kid, and asks you to come help at some secluded island, don't. You'll just get burned up in a sacrifice after getting both your legs broken and stung by bees.

Beautiful costumes in the movie though.
_______________________

Got another consignment check from another boutique. It was more than I anticipated. Im happy about it.

It's interesting how some of the boutiques I consign with compare. At X, I am using a low cost strategy in pricing vs Y which is higher priced for virtually the same product (partially because of other costs and gallery recommendation, also apparel brand is on some products are slightly different). Although Y does not bring in as many sales, they do yield an impressive per piece revenue. Which if I can be frank is nuts. To realize that someone would pay as much as they do at Y allows me to value my work, which I internally know that it is worth that much. I undersell too much.

I was feeling a little unmotivated and doubtful about this shirt thing a couple weeks back, but I guess TODAY I feel alright about it.

Im starting to get distracted by a vision of a series of larger scale natural medium artwork. I wish I had more time. I know I could make some beautiful things.

No comments: